These terms and conditions form an agreement between Grace & Poise Ltd trading as Grace & Poise Academy and the users of this website, as well as customers of our Academy.
Grace & Poise Ltd operates this website and the academy, and is a company registered in England & Wales. The company number is 12360400 and the registered address is Dane John Works, Gordon Road, Canterbury, England, CT1 3PP
Academy Regulations and Policies
1 - Trial Classes
1. Children are welcome to one ballet trial class in the age appropriate class (according to their academic school year).
a. If a trial is booked and we find that the child has attended a trial before, we may choose to cancel the trial or invite the customer to make a booking for the remainder of the term.
b. We may choose to allow a child to trial a class more than once in exceptional circumstances
2. We have a strict no filming/photography policy when in the ballet studio.
3. We may have a high demand for trial classes and to ensure there is no disruption to our classes, we may cap the number of trials per lesson.
4. Trial bookings will not be refunded/ transferred under any circumstances other than an error on our part.
5. We require children to trial and book for the correct class according to their academic age group. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure they are booking trials for the correct class; if they book for the incorrect class refunds will not be possible, however we will endeavour to transfer them to the correct class provided there is space available.
6. Spaces may be given away should customers fail to contact us and not attend a trial.
7. Trial payments are required for class admittance.
8. One female guardian will be allowed to attend the child's trial class, however please note that due to modesty purposes we do not allow any men in the studio.
a. We ask that where possible other children do not attend the trial of their sibling, however if other children are required to attend the trial class we ask that they sit to one side as quietly as possible. If other children become disruptive to the running of the class, we may be required to ask the parent and other children to wait outside the studio.
9. Nobody other than those booked for the class will be able to join in with the class unless the teacher requests the support of a sibling/ guardian to encourage confidence of the child participating in the class. Please note that we do not allow boys above 9 years old to enter the studio.
2 - Class Attendance & Late Arrival
1. All parents are required to register via our online booking system for the age-appropriate class (according to the child’s academic school year) and must have made payment in order to attend our classes.
2. Students should arrive with time ahead of class to ensure they can be ready to start the class on time.
a. Any students that are late will need to wait outside of the studio until an Academy Assistant is able to sign them in and take them to class.
b. Teachers will not be available to manage late arrivals as they need to ensure there is no disruption to classes.
c. Persistent late arrival will be flagged up and discussed with parents.
3. One female guardian is allowed inside the studio for ballet trial classes and upon the invitation of the Teacher in the event that a student becomes distressed/ requires further support. Please note that we do not allow any men and boys above 9 years old into the studio, this is so we can ensure that the space is accommodating of modesty. In all other cases nobody other than the children booked for classes is allowed in the studio.
3 - Booking Fees & Absences
1. Fees & classes will not be amended / transferred / refunded under any circumstances.
4 -Class Bookings- Subscription Programme, Payments & Discounts
1. All class bookings are managed via our subscription programme. This means that the annual class fees are split equally across 12 months and payments are made via a direct debit on the 1st of every month.
2. Payments are taken as follows:
Term 1: August, September, October, November,
Term 2: December, January, February, March,
Term 3: April, May, June July.
This is because of school holiday periods and to ensure that for terms such as Terms 2 and 3 that we are not receiving payments in arrears.
3. New customers will be required to pay an initial set up fee of £12 and a ‘Opening Balancing Fee’ if their subscription plan does not cover the total cost of the classes they are booked for. This also applies to customers who cancel their booking and resubscribe. We will issue this fee on the first monthly payment and send an emailed breakdown for customer records.
4. We will issue a £1 per month membership fee which will be added to the monthly direct debit in recognition of the additional administrative costs in managing monthly payments.
5- Class Bookings- Automatic Enrolment & Cancellation
1 a. We will automatically enrol students for classes on an ongoing basis. This is done to prioritise the bookings of existing students over any new students that may wish to book.
b. We require 1/2 a terms notice if a customer wishes to cancel their booking. All cancellations must be issued in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the 2nd ½ of the current term they are attending for us to cancel their booking for the following term (eg notice must be given ahead of the 2nd ½ of term 1 in order to cancel for term 2). It will not be possible to cancel bookings for the consecutive term beyond this time and customers will be liable to pay for the fees as per the payment schedule.
c. We will make financial assessments based upon the bookings we have to evaluate whether classes can run. In the event we can’t run a class we will do our best to offer an alternative. If changes are made we will inform parents and issue a date to cancel if they cannot commit to the changes made. If parents cancel in line with the deadline provided we will issue a refund accordingly.
2. Changes to class times/days and locations may occur when students are automatically enrolled into their respective class each term and when they move up a level at the start of each academic year. Our booking confirmations and invoices sent for the consecutive term contain this information and act as notice of these changes.
3. When a customer cancels a booking for the consecutive term we may need to issue a ‘closing balancing fee’ to settle any outstanding amounts if their subscription plan has not covered the total cost of the classes they were booked for.
4.When new customers join us after the 1/2 term deadline has passed we will automatically enrol them for the following term and send them a booking confirmation. We will provide a deadline 2 weeks from the point of their email to cancel if they do not wish to continue for the following term. It will not be possible to cancel bookings for the consecutive term beyond this time and customers will be liable to pay for the fees as per the payment schedule.
CANCELLATION DEADLINE FOR TERM 1 2023-2024: Monday 5th June 2023
CANCELLATION DEADLINE FOR TERM 2 2023-2024: Monday 30th October 2023
CANCELLATION DEADLINE FOR TERM 3 2023-2024:: Monday 19th February 2024
CANCELLATION DEADLINE FOR TERM 1 2024-2025: Monday 3rd June 2024
6- Ballet Exams & Automatic Enrolment
1. Working towards the highest standard of teaching and training, students can undertake Grace & Poise Academy examinations to recognise achievement. Ballet examinations will be offered annually and incur a separate fee that is specific for the Ballet Exam.
a. Exams will take place during July each year
b. Students will be eligible for exams when they have completed the minimum required study time for each level. This is 1 full academic year for levels Preliminary-Primary and 2 full academic years of study for levels Grade 1 +. We may choose to invite a student who has not completed the full minimum required study time if we believe the student would be suitable for an exam.
c. Students that join the class but who are not eligible for the exam will move up an academic year group with the class they are in at the end of the academic year.
2. Our students will be automatically enrolled for exams if they meet the minimum required amount of study time to be eligible for exams or if we believe they are suitable for the exam despite not completing the full study time.
a. These students will be automatically enrolled for exams alongside their Term 3 class booking. Parents will have 4 weeks to review the booking and make payment to confirm the booking by the start of the 2nd ½ Term 2. We will refer to this as the ‘exam confirmation and payment deadline’
b. Requests for changes of exam time/day should be made ahead of this ‘exam confirmation and payment deadline’. We will endeavour to make changes to support students to be able to attend exams where possible, however we cannot guarantee changes will be possible.
c. If we do NOT receive payment by the ‘Exam Booking Confirmation & Payment’ deadline, the students' exam booking will be cancelled and the space may be made available to another child.
4. The academy may choose to prevent a child from participating in exams if there has been a substantial lack of attendance or the academy believes it is in the child's best interest or the interest of other children.
a. If a child is absent for more than 9 out of 36 lessons per year the academy will raise this with teachers and parents as a ‘cause for concern’. The Teachers will then review whether it is in the child’s best interest to participate in the exam.
b. If absences occur and this ‘cause for concern’ is raised after the ‘Exams Booking Confirmation & Cancellation Deadline’ has passed, the child may be prevented from sitting the exam and should this be the case the exam fees will not be refundable / transferable.
5. Exams are non refundable/transferable under any circumstances. If a child is unwell/injured we will do our best to adapt the exam to best support them if provided with sufficient medical evidence of the illness/injury.
6. Children must be in Academy approved uniform for exam admittance. If a child is not dressed in the correct attire with hair presented as required, they will not be admitted to the exam.
7- Workshops & Events
1. Fees will not be amended / transferred / refunded under any circumstances.
2. Payments are required for admittance.
8- Payments & Admission
1. Payment of fees for any classes / exams / workshops / trial classes/ events of any kind are required for admission.
9 - Uniform
1. Our uniform policy requires that every student wears the 'Academy Approved' items which are the items listed on our website boutique. (Uniform is not required for a trial class). Please see notes about footwear and belongings in 11.7-11.9
2. Hair must be tied back for health and safety purposes. If a student arrives with hair loose we will ask that it is tied back.
3. Jewellery & watches must not be worn apart from very small hoops or stud earrings.
4. Grace & Poise Academy will not take responsibility for any lost property.
10 - Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
At Grace & Poise Academy we have a responsibility to protect and safeguard all our children. We abide by the Child Protection Act 2004. All teachers and members of staff have an up to date Enhanced DBS check and all teachers are qualified in First Aid.
a. Upon arrival someone over the age of 16yrs must sign the child in with the Academy Assistant.
b. Upon collection a guardian listed on the child’s account will be given permission to collect the child. If someone wishes to collect the child and is not listed on their account as a collection permission, we will call the child’s guardians to confirm collection permission over the phone.
c. If parents arrange for someone else to collect their child we require written notice stating the full name and contact number of the individual to email@example.com to inform us of this. If we are unable to edit a child’s account with any updates in time for the class we will call the child’s guardians to confirm collection permission over the phone. We kindly request that parents anticipate a 48 hour reply.
d. We will only be able to allow consented collection permissions of individuals over the age of 16yrs.
e. We will allow children of secondary school age 11+ to attend and leave classes without an adult if we receive written consent from the parents/ guardian for them to do so
11 - Health & Safety
1. A degree of physical contact is required by the teacher to aid teaching and prevent injuries. Although great care is taken at all times, we cannot take responsibility for any injuries occurring during or after class.
2. Parents must inform us of any medical problems, allergies and learning needs that would impact their health/ learning in class and are responsible for ensuring we have been provided with all medication that may be required in class.
3. Parents need to promptly update us of any medical changes and can do so on their class4kids account.
4. In the event that a child requires First Aid the child will be tended to by a Qualified First Aider and if needed we will contact the parent/guardian of the student.
a. In the event that a child has an accident /medical incident under our care we will notify parents / guardians upon collection or for more serious cases provide parents with an Accident Report form.
5. We will require all parents to fill in and sign a medical form ahead of classes if their child has medical needs
6. If a child requires medication we require the parent/ guardian to stay onsite at all time (outside of studio) and also provide any medication in a labelled container/ bag
7. Students will not be able to participate in classes if their attire is deemed as unsafe. Children must remove any jewellery / hazards. Children must have ballet shoes/ grip socks / bare feet and will not be admitted to class in tights or socks without grips as this is a slip hazard. Students will also not be admitted in outdoor shoes (for hygiene purposes).
8. Students will not be allowed to bring any food into class/ eat food in class as this is a choking hazard. Students should only bring water into class (45 min classes only unless in hot weather)
9. Students should not bring toys/ unnecessary items into class as this reduces space and may be distracting/ cause further hazards eg slip. These items must be left in changing rooms / with parents/guardians
12 - Filming & Photography Policy
1. Videos and photographs of an identifiable nature may be used for the Academy’s website and Social media sites when consent is given by the parents on their class4kids account.
2. We may also film / take pictures / audio record any unidentifiable and modest class material for marketing and social media purposes.
2. In accordance with our Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy we do not allow any visitors to take pictures/ videos or audio recordings during class time
3. The student’s modesty will always be protected in any photos/videos/ other.
13 - Communication
1. Parents are required to provide us with up to date contact details (email address and phone number) via their class4kids account. We will use these details to communicate all important Academy updates via email.
2. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure they read all emails as the Academy cannot take responsibility if important information was not read.
14. - Booking Changes- Planned Closures
1. In the event that we are unable to run classes we will make every effort to offer alternative dates.
2. We will make parents aware of any cancellations and if we offer new dates we will request notice if parents cannot make the new date.
3. If parents provide notice by the provided deadlines we will issue a refund for any cancelled lessons.
a. If parents do not notify us before the deadlines provided we will understand that they can attend the new dates specified.
b. Refunds will not be given after the deadlines for notice have passed.
4. If we are unable to offer a new date we will endeavour to refund parents for classes missed.
15 - Booking Changes-Unplanned Closures
In the event of unplanned closures due to circumstances out of our control we will do our best to reschedule classes. If this is not possible we will not issue refunds for classes missed.
16 - Protection of the Academy's Integrity
1. Parents agree that during their child’s contracted term of study with us they do not attend or promote Ballet Classes hosted by another organisation other than Grace and Poise Academy.
2. It is not permissible to share any choreographic, poetic, or other relevant material owned by Grace and Poise Academy without the written permission of the Academy's Director.
a. This includes the sharing of any footage of class material owned by Grace and Poise Academy, or any recording of Teachers, Classes or resources received.
17. Private Lessons
a. Bookings are non refundable / transferable when less than 1/2 terms notice is provided
18. Student Assistant Jobs (Over 13 yrs & Under 18yrs)
a. If the student is working to support funding their class fees this must be agreed in writing by the guardian
b. If the student is absent / does not attend the work agreed they will have the option of either making up the hours agreed at another time or amending fees owed to reflect the changes due to absence
19. Staff Changes & Prayer Times
Use of the website
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Grace & Poise Ltd trading as Grace & Poise, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Grace & Poise and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Grace & Poise and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Grace & Poise, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Grace & Poise.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Grace & Poise or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Grace & Poise makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Grace & Poise is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst Grace & Poise uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. Grace & Poise accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. Grace & Poise reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Grace & Poise accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.