These terms and conditions form an agreement between Grace & Poise Ltd trading as Grace & Poise Academy and the users of this website, as well as parents and/or guardians joining our Academy.
Grace & Poise Ltd operates this website and the academy, and is a company registered in England & Wales. The company number is 12360400 and the registered address is 103 Washway Road, Sale, England, M33 7TY.
Every child is entitled to 1 Ballet TrialClass. We have a strict no filming or taking photos during the trial class, unless its of your child alone.
We have a high demand for Free Ballet Trial Classes and to ensure there is no disruption to our classes, we cap the number of trials per lesson. In the event that you are unable to attend your trial we require notice to be able to give away the space to someone on our Trial waiting list. We ask that parents kindly respect this policy.
We have a strict no filming or taking photos during the trial class, unless its of your child alone.
All parents must have a filled registration form and received an official confirmation for their child’s place before attending classes. It is Ballet Etiquette that students arrive on time ready for class. Persistent late arrival will be flagged up and discussed with parents.
Aside from the Ballet Trial Class, mums are not be allowed in the studio during teaching time.
Term dates, classes and locations are all subject to change.
Fees will not be amended in respect of family holidays, school trips, school exams or short-term sickness or injury. Circumstances of long-term sickness or injury will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Make up classes will not be possible during Covid-19 .
All students will be automatically enrolled to each consecutive term. Booking confirmation will be emailed out by the end of each term for the following term. Term fees need to paid by the end of the second week from the start of each term or within 10 working days of the invoice date. Failure to make payment by the start of third week, your child is not allowed to attend classes.
The school reserves the right to terminate a student’s membership for reasons such as unpaid membership fees or unacceptable behaviour.
The official uniform of Grace & Poise is mandatory and should be purchased after your trial class in preparation for your first official class.
Every examining Ballet School carries a consistent appearance and branding that makes their school recognisable. As such, every Ballet School has a specific dress code or uniform that represents them and sets them apart from other Examining bodies and Ballet Schools. Many Ballet Schools require their students to change the colour or style of leotard at each level of study which means parents are required to purchase a new set of uniform over the course of training.
Grace & Poise Academy’s uniform colour theme is Pink for Baby Ballet Level and Bluebell for all other levels after Baby Ballet, that participate in Ballet Examination. We picked one colour theme after Baby Ballet to please all age groups and to become Grace & Poise’s signature appearance and to reduce pressure on parents needing to change Ballet uniform at every level. Furthermore, we have selected Ballet Uniform Items that are made of long-lasting material and designs that will cater for modesty.
We kindly request that all parents have respect for our uniform requirements and appreciate the considerations we have made to benefit parents, students and the Academy.
Long hair must be tied back in a bun and for short hair, pulled back with a head band. This is for health and safety of practice and therefore if a student arrives with hair loose we will ask that it is tied back.
It is the parent’s responsibility to name all items of their child’s uniform. Grace & Poise Academy will not take responsibility for any lost property. Effort will be made to ensure items are kept safe in the lost and found.
Working towards the highest standard of teaching and training, students can undertake Grace & Poise Academy examination to progress to the next grade. This can only be done once the principle Ballet teacher believes the student has obtained the required level of skill. An official letter home will be sent inviting students to progress.
Exam Invoices will be sent closer to the time of Ballet Examination. This needs to be settled within 14 days of the Invoice date.
Fees need to be paid by Exam date otherwise Exam Entry will be denied.
At Grace & Poise Academy we have a responsibility to protect and safeguard all our children. We abide by the Child Protection Act 2004. All teachers and members of staff have up to date DBS check which are renewed every 2 years.
Children will remain in the studio with the teacher at all times until their parents/guardian arrive. Children will be handed back to parents at the end of the class. Once the child is with their parent they are their parent’s responsibility.
We will not allow or tolerate any bullying or discriminative behaviour. If any such behaviour is flagged up, parents will receive an official warning letter and if there is no improvement
we reserve the right to terminate membership. A child might be asked to step out of class with another member of staff if they are being disruptive and could be a potential harm to other students.
A degree of physical contact is required by the teacher to aid teaching and prevent injuries. Although great care is taken at all times, we cannot take responsibility for any injuries occurring during or after class.
Please inform us of any medical problems or allergies your child suffers from. Parents need to promptly update us of any medical changes.
In the event that your child requires First Aid your child will be tended to by a Qualified First Aider and if needed we will contact the parent/guardian of the student. In the event that your child has an accident /medical incident under our care we will provide you with an Accident form to make you aware.
Videos and photographs may be used in the Academy’s website and Social media sites for marketing purposes solely for this Academy.
Video evidence used for dance technique and performance analysis in staff training sessions or promotional events will be used solely for this purpose and viewed with consent of the children, and their parents/carers, in question. Video footage gathered by Grace & Poise Academy will not be given to any outside agency without the express consent of the children and their guardian(s).
Grace & Poise Academy will ensure the welfare and safety of all young people involved in our activities. In accordance with our Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy we will not permit photographs, video or other images of young people to be taken without the consent of the parents/carers and children. The student’s modesty will be protected at all times; therefore, student’s will only be photographed in appropriate clothing during action or staged shots. We ask parents when taking pictures of their children to ensure no other child is in the picture.
Grace & Poise Academy will take all steps to ensure that any photographic images are used solely for the purposes they are intended and in accordance with our Photography Policy. Grace & Poise Academy will inform parents/carers if they wish to use any images for the purpose of marketing and publications outside of the Company, to ensure they are happy about the way the child is portrayed and any accompanying personal information. If you have any concerns that images are being inappropriately used, please inform one of the Grace & Poise Directors’ immediately at email@example.com.
Parents are required to provide us with contactable details (email address and phone number) via class4kids booking system which we will use to communicate all important Academy updates. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure they read important emails as the Academy cannot take responsibility if important information was not read. Parents need to update their class4kids parental portal with their most up to date contact details.
All students are automatically enrolled onto their respective class each term unless we are notified otherwise. A 6-week notice is required if the student wishes to leave the Academy. Otherwise, a full term fee will be paid in lieu of such notice. A written notice via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is required for official acknowledgment.
In light of Covid-19, deadline will be set by the Academy to allow parents time for a no-liability enrolment termination.
All students are automatically enrolled onto their respective class each term and move up a level at each academic year. In the case that a child does not need to change a level or is changing a few levels up, for any given reason, the Academy will notify the parent individually.
We automatically enrol our students as a curtesy to existing parents to ensure that they have a reserved space and receive priority with us over new students. Our cancellation policy ensures that should a student leave we can allow a space to be made available to someone on a waiting list with busy classes. With smaller classes our cancellation policy allows us to confirm we have sufficient numbers to be able to run the class. All studentsare automatically enrolled onto their respective class each term and move up a level at each academicyear. In the case that a child does not need to change a level or is changing a few levels up, for any given reason, the Academywill notifythe parent individually
Parents will be notified by our messaging services and emails if classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. If classes are cancelled and cannot be replaced the school will not refund classes but will endeavour to supply ‘Make Up’ classes if possible.
In light of Covid-19, we are following the guidance of the National Youth Agency closely: https://nya.org.uk/guidance/. We are continuing as normal unless guidance changes. Any parent making a personal decision to take their child out will be liable to pay the term fees unless they have cancelled by the prescribed deadline they have been informed about. This deadline is needed for us to arrange staff and studio hire which we are then liable to pay.
A written notice via an email to email@example.com required for official acknowledgment.
Parents must agree that during their child’s contracted term of study with us they do not attend or promote Ballet Classes hosted by another organisation other than Grace and Poise Academy.
It is not permissible to share any choreographic, poetic or other relevant material owned by Grace and Poise Academy without the permission of the Academy's Directors. This includes the sharing of any footage of class material owned by Grace and Poise Academy, or any recording of Teachers, Classes, or resources received.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Grace & Poise Ltd trading as Grace & Poise, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Grace & Poise and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Grace & Poise and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Grace & Poise, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Grace & Poise.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Grace & Poise or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Grace & Poise makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Grace & Poise is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst Grace & Poise uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. Grace & Poise accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. Grace & Poise reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Grace & Poise accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.