These terms and conditions form an agreement between Grace & Poise Ltd trading as Grace & Poise Academy and the users of this website, as well as customers of our Academy.
Grace & Poise Ltd operates this website and the academy, and is a company registered in England & Wales.The company number is 12360400 and the registered address is Dane John Works, Gordon Road, Canterbury, England, CT1 3PP
1 - Trial Classes
1. Every child is entitled to one Ballet Trial Class.
a. If a trial is booked and we find that the child has attended a trial before we may choose to cancel the trial or invite the customer to make a booking for the remainder of the term.
b. We may choose to allow a child to trial a class more than once in exceptional circumstances
2. We have a strict no filming/photography policy when in the Ballet Studio.
3. We may have a high demand for Trial Classes and to ensure there is no disruption to our classes, we may cap the number of trials per lesson.
4. Trial Bookings will not be refunded/ transferred under any circumstances other than an error on our part.
5. We require children to trial and book for the correct class according to their academic age group. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure they are booking trials for the correct class, if they book for the incorrect class refunds will not be possible however, we will endeavour to transfer them to the correct class provided there is space available.
6. Spaces may be given away should customers fail to contact us and not attend a Trial.
7. Trial Payment is required for class admittance.
8. A female guardian will be allowed to attend the child's trial class, however, please note that due for modesty purposes we do not allow any men in the studio.
a. We ask that where possible other children do not attend the trial of their sibling, however, if other children are required to attend the trial class we ask that they sit to one side as quietly as possible. If other children become disruptive to the running of the class we may be required to ask the parent and other children to wait outside the studio.
9. Nobody other than those booked for the class will be able to join in with the class, unless the teacher requests the support of a sibling/ guardian to encourage confidence of the child participating in the class. Please note that we do not allow boys aged 9+ to enter the studio.
2 - Class Attendance & Late Arrival
1. All parents must register via our online booking system for the age appropriate class (academic school years) and have made payments ahead of attending our classes.
2. Students must arrive with time ahead of class to ensure they can be ready to start the class on time.
a. Any students that are late will need to wait outside of the studio until an Academy Assistant is able to sign the min and take them to class.
b. Teachers will not be available to manage late arrivals to ensure there is no disruption to classes.
c. Persistent late arrival will be flagged up and discussed with parents.
3. A female guardian is allowed inside the studio for Ballet Trial Classes and upon the invitation of the Teacher in the event that a student becomes distressed. Please note that due for modesty purposes we do not allow any men and boys 9+ in the studio. In all other cases nobody other than the children booked for classes are allowed in the studio.
3 - Absence
1. Fees & classes will not be amended / transferred / refunded under any circumstances.
4 Bookings- Automatic Enrolment & Cancellation
1. All students will be automatically enrolled to consecutive terms unless parents cancel before the deadlines provided with can be seen on our website (Services-The Academy-) and also via emails regarding Automatic Enrolment for the following term which will be sent4 weeks before the end of each term.
a. Booking confirmations will be emailed out to customers 4 weeks before the end of each term for bookings for the following term. Our existing students will automatically have places unless parents cancel their bookings before the deadlines provided.
b. A written notice via an email firstname.lastname@example.org is required for official acknowledgment of cancelation ahead of the deadlines provided.
c. Our cancellation policy both prioritises the bookings of our existing students over any new students wishing to join the academy and allows the academy to ensure it can meet all financial commitments. If a parent cancels after the deadline has passed they will be liable to pay for the full term fees even if they do not attend classes. The academy withholds the right to pursue legal proceedings should fees not be paid in lieu of this.
2. Changes to class times/days and locations may occur when students are automatically enrolled onto their respective class each term and moved up a level at the start of each academic year. We will provide notifications of these changes ahead of the cancellation deadlines in booking confirmations sent to customers.
5 - Payment & Admission
1. Term fees must be paid before the first class of each term.
a. Payments for automatically enrolled students are not taken automatically and will need to manually be made by parents via class4kids.
2. Payment must be made before the first class of term via class4kids for class admittance.
a. Failure to make payment by the first class will result in non admission to classes.
3. To ensure fair treatment of all our parents and students we will not be able to make individual payment agreements or exceptions.
4. The Academy offers Instalment schemes of 2/3rds of the payment by the first 1/2 term and 1/3rd of the payment by the second 1/2 term for those that have been with the Academy for 1 Academic year.
5. The Academy also offers a 10%discount for fees for those with multiple children. These schemes must be applied for ahead of the deadlines provided to apply. New students are entitled to 10% sibling discount provided they request this before making the first payment on account.
6. The academy reserves the right to terminate a student’s membership for reasons such as unpaid membership fees or not complying with the rules and regulations set by the academy.
6 - Uniform
1. The official uniform of Grace &Poise is mandatory and can be purchased from G&P Boutique after participating in a trial class in preparation for the child’s first official class.
2. Our uniform policy requires that every student wears the 'Academy Approved' items which are the items listed on our website boutique. Our Academy uniform represents our high quality and standards of education, we kindly ask that parents respect this.
3. Hair must be tied back for health and safety of practice, if a student arrives with hair loose we will ask that it is tied back.
4. Jewellery must not be worn apart from very small hoops or stud earrings.
5. It is the parent’s responsibility to name all items of their child’s uniform and any items brought onsite. Grace& Poise Academy will not take responsibility for any lost property.
7 - Ballet Exams & Automatic Enrolment
1. Working towards the highest standard of teaching and training, students can undertake Grace & Poise Academy examinations to progress. Ballet examinations will be offered annually and incur a separate fee of £35 that is specific for the Ballet Exam.
2. Our students will be automatically enrolled for ballet exams that run towards the end of the academic year (July)to ensure we can make all necessary arrangements.
a. If parents would like to cancel their child's ballet exam then a written notice via an email to email@example.com is required ahead of the deadline provided for official acknowledgment.
b. If a parent cancels after the deadline has passed they will be liable for the exam fee even if they do not attend the exam.
3. Payment of exam fees is required before the Exam. Failure to make payment by the Exam will result in non admission to the Exam and parents will be liable for this fee.
4. The academy may choose to prevent a child from participating in exams if there has been a substantial lack of attendance or the academy believe it is in the child's best interest or the interest of other children to do so.
5. Exams are non refundable /transferable under any circumstances. 6. Children must be in academy approved uniform for exam admittance, if a child is not dressed in the correct attire with hair presented as requested they will not be admitted to the exam.
8- Workshops & Events
1. All workshops & events are non refundable.
2. Payments are required for admittance
9 - Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
At Grace & Poise Academy we have a responsibility to protect and safeguard all our children. We abide by the Child Protection Act 2004. All teachers and members of staff have up to date Enhanced DBS check.
a. Upon arrival someone over the age of 18yrs must sign the child in with the Academy Assistant.
b. Upon collection a guardian listed on the child’s account will be given permission to collect the child. If someone wishes to collect the child and is not listed on their account as a collection permission, we will call the child’s guardians to confirm collection permission over the phone.
c. If parents arrange for someone else to collect their child we require written notice stating the full name and contact number of the individual to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of this. If we are unable to edit a child’s account with any updates in time for the class we will call the child’s guardians to confirm collection permission over the phone.
d. We will only be able to allow consented collection permissions of individuals over the age of 18yrs.
9 - Health & Safety
1. A degree of physical contact is required by the teacher to aid teaching and prevent injuries. Although great care is taken at all times, we cannot take responsibility for any injuries occurring during or after class.
2. Parents must inform us of any medical problems, allergies and learning needs that would impact their health/ learning in class.
3. Parents need to promptly update us of any medical changes and can do so on their class4kids account.
4. In the event that a child requiresFirst Aid the child will be tended to by a Qualified First Aider and if needed we will contact the parent/guardian of the student.
a. In the event that a child has an accident /medical incident under our care we will notify parents / guardians upon collection or for more serious cases provide parents with an Accident form.
10 - Filming & Photography Policy
1. Videos and photographs may be used for the Academy’s website and Social media sites when consent is given by the parents on their class4kids account.
2. In accordance with our Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy we will not permit photographs, video or other images of young people to be taken without the consent of the parents/carers and children.
3. The student’s modesty will always be protected, therefore, student’s will only be photographed in appropriate clothing during action or staged shots.
11 - Communication
1. Parents are required to provide us with up to date contact details (email address and phone number) via their class4kids account. We will use these details to communicate all important Academy updates via email.
2. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure they read important emails as the Academy cannot take responsibility if important information was not read.
12 - Booking Changes
1. In the event that we are unable to run classes we will make every effort to offer an alternative date.
2. We will make parents aware of any cancellations and new dates and request notice if parents cannot make the new date.
3. If parents provide notice by the provided deadlines we will issue a refund for any cancelled lessons.
a. If parents do not notify us before the deadlines provided we will understand that they can attend any the new dates specified.
b. Refunds will not be given after the deadlines for notice have passed.
4. If we are unable to offer a new date we will refund parents for classes missed.
13 - Covid &Closures
In light of Covid-19, we are following the guidance of the National Youth Agency closely:https://nya.org.uk/guidance/.
1. Any parent making a personal decision to take their child out will be liable to pay the term fees unless they have cancelled by the prescribed deadlines.
2. A written notice via an email email@example.com is required for official acknowledgment.
3. In the event of classes closed due toCovid we will refund parents for classes missed at the end of each AcademicTerm.
14 - Protection of the Academy's Integrity
1. Parents agree that during their child’s contracted term of study with us they do not attend or promote BalletClasses hosted by another organisation other than Grace and Poise Academy.
2. It is not permissible to share any choreographic, poetic or other relevant material owned by Grace and PoiseAcademy without the permission of the Academy's Director.
a. This includes the sharing of any footage of class material owned by Grace and Poise Academy, or any recording ofTeachers, Classes, or resources received.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Grace & Poise Ltd trading as Grace & Poise, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Grace & Poise and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Grace & Poise and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Grace & Poise, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Grace & Poise.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Grace & Poise or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Grace & Poise makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Grace & Poise is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
10. Whilst Grace & Poise uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
11. Grace & Poise accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
12. Grace & Poise reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
14. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Grace & Poise accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
16. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
17. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
19. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
20. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
21. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
22. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.